Donald Trump bans six countries from entering US, excludes Iraq –

Donald Trump bans six countries from entering US, excludes Iraq 

           Donald Trump – President of the United States of America

President Donald Trump of the United States has signed a revised Immigration order which restricts citizens of six (6) countries from entering America.

Most of the countries banned were predominantly Muslim countries including;

Syria, Libya, Somalia, Iran, Yemen and Sudan.


An administration official confirmed that Trump signed the new executive order on 6th March Monday morning.

The source however stated that Iraq is excluded from the initial list of the seven nations in the new order. Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway said legal residents were always excluded from the entry ban, “but that’s made more clear now.” “If you have travel documents, if you actually have a visa, if you are a legal permanent resident, you are not covered under this particular executive action.”

Conway also confirmed that Syrian refugees will have the same 120-day ban as refugees from other countries until the screening procedures are reviewed. Recall that a federal court had blocked Trump’s previous immigration order. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said, Iraq’s removal from the list came after an intense review from the State Department to improve vetting of Iraqi citizens in collaboration with the Iraqi government, though he did not specify how vetting had been improved.

“The United States welcomes this kind of close cooperation,” he said. “This revised order will bolster the security of the United States and our allies.”

CNN reports that the roll out of the revised travel ban marks an important  moment for the administration, which has little room for error after the chaotic debut of the original plan.

That failure raised questions about the new White House’s capacity to govern and to master the political intricacies needed to manage complicated endeavors in Washington.

It also brought Trump into conflict with the judiciary in the first sign of how constitutional checks and balances could challenge his vision of a powerful Presidency built on expansive executive authority. The original order came under intense criticism as an attempt to bar Muslims from entering the country, and Trump’s call during the campaign for a “Muslim Ban” was cited in court cases attacking the ban.

The new order does not prioritize religious minorities when considering refugee admission cases.

Administration officials Monday stressed they do not see the ban as targeting a specific religion.

“(The order is) not in any way targeted at a Muslim ban… we want to make sure everyone understands that,” an official told reporters.”

“The Department of Justice believes that this executive order just as the first executive order is a lawful and proper exercise of presidential authority,” Sessions said.

Meanwhile, Democrats have responded by calling Trump’s order a repeat of the first attempt.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s